DIY reversible Mini Baby Quilt
When I was nesting and getting ready for our second baby, so were the Acorns, the little squirrel family living in my dollhouse. Baby gyms, baby nests, and baby blankets were popping up left and right. This mini reversible quilt was extra fun to make, as it was inspired by a jersey quilt we have for our daughter. We love it for being extra soft and cozy and the mini version turned out just as comfy.
Since you gave me such positive feedback on the blanket on Instagram, I thought I’d share the pattern and instructions.
I used my sewing machine for this blanket but not everyone has access to one. If you know how to hand sew and make small, careful stitches, you can just as well do that if you like.
It’s a simple enough project to figure out yourselves for those of you who are used to sewing, but if you are not here are some follow-along instructions and a pattern you can trace. You can download the freebie pdf below.
Get the free printable for the Mini-Baby-Quilt here:
Here is what you will need:
- Two small fabric scraps ca. 11x9 cm or 4,5x3,5 inches (+ some felt or similar as padding in case you are using very thin fabric. To achieve the miniature-quilted look you don’t want to make it too thick though 😉
- A print of the thinking dreams DIY reversible Mini Baby Quilt freebie
- Chalk marker or vanishing ink pen
- Sewing machine (or just sew by hand)
- Thread and needle
- Pen or chopstick to push out the corners
As you can see the original blanket that served as an inspiration has very different design than I made in the miniature version. Do you have any ideas for your own quilt pattern design? I would love to see your results! Feel free to give me a shout-out on social media with your results: Instagram: thinking_dreams · Pinterest: Thinking dreams